Buying a bathroom as a suite is an easy way to transform your room. A bathroom suite consisting of bath, hand basin and toilet will save on the cost of buying the pieces individually, and create the style you want for your new bathroom. We offer both contemporary suites with clean, modern lines, and traditional suites with classic elegance. If you’re creating a new ensuite, take a look at our shower packages, too, which include basin, toilet and shower enclosure. We also have suites for cloakrooms, plus furniture suites, making great design affordable for every bathroom.
How to pick a new bathroom suite
Think about the essential elements of your room first. If you have a large bathroom, a bath, basin and WC suite can be teamed with a separate freestanding shower enclosure to create a room with all you need. However, if your room is more compact, a suite consisting of a two-in-one shower bath plus toilet and basin will make the most of the space available. Consider a suite with a freestanding bath as well as those that sit against a wall for a luxurious look. Decide on the style, too. Do you want a contemporary effect, or classic lines?
Create a new bathroom
You will need: tape measure, Bathrooms.com app, squared paper, pencil.
- Measure up your room, and create a scale plan on paper. Include doors and windows on your plan, and allow space for them to open as needed.
- Mark the position of each element of your suite on the plan. Don’t forget that you need to leave space around the pieces, too. Ideally, you’ll have at least 60cm in front of the bath; 45cm from the centre of the basin to each side, and 60cm in front of it; and the same for the toilet.
- Think about the position of storage furniture and shelving. Mark these on your plan, too.
- Download the Bathrooms.com app. Print out the tracking marker and place it in the position you’ve planned for each of the elements of your room scheme. For each element, point your iPad or iPhone at the marker, choose the product from the category menu, and see what it’ll look like in your room. Swap products as necessary until you’re happy with the style of your room.
- Consider the plumbing. If you’re fitting a new suite in the same position as the old pieces, it’s likely the plumbing won’t need to be altered. However, if you are changing the layout of the room, you’ll need to have any new pipework installed ready.
- Decide on lighting and any electrical points for a shaver or electric toothbrush.
- Pick a colour palette to complement the style of your suite. Saving schemes you like to a Pinterest board can help firm up your ideas.
- Choose wall and floor tiles.
- Order your chosen suite, plus tiles, furniture and accessories.