- FREE DELIVERY ON ORDERS OVER £499 - EXTRA SAVINGS END MIDNIGHT AUGUST 24TH
How to choose your mixer valve
When choosing what type of mixer to buy, you will first need to decide on how many functions or shower heads you would like to have in your new enclosure. You can choose from a wide selection of fixed heads, rail kits with handset and body jets to create the ideal combination for you.
Concealed or exposed mixers
Once you have chosen your ideal combination, there are a few more things you will need to consider when selecting the perfect mixer valve. You can opt for a fully concealed system; where all the pipe work is recessed within the walls creating a very sleek look which works very well with any type of enclosure. This will allow you to choose one, two, or as many as three different outlets. The alternative option is an exposed system, where the mixer is surface mounted on to your tiles. Bar mixers are the most popular type of exposed valve and they work very well with a rail kit, making this combination very easy and simple to install and also a great value choice. You can also opt for an exposed combined system, where the mixer is fully integrated with a riser rail and attached handset, this works particularly well with any type of shower bath.
Style and design are also very important so here at Bathrooms.com we have expertly created six ranges across all of our heads to help you quickly and easily choose the right combination for you. Our six ranges include:
- Stirling Essentials Collection - a great value modern collection
- Provost Stainless Steel Collection - featuring highly durable brushed stainless steel fixed heads
- Leoni Ultra Thin Collection - our premium modern collection featuring signature 3mm thick rainfall heads
- Neumann Waterfall Collection - offers sophisticated designs including a signature duel function fixed head with waterfall cascade
- Edwardian Classic Collection - offers classic apron shaped heads whilst our premium
- Victorian Traditional Collection - includes the quintessential traditional watering can shaped fixed head with all the reliability of modern construction
Whatever your style we guarantee you will find the perfect design to suit you, and all at great affordable prices.
Quality and safety
Safety and quality is also an important consideration when selecting any mixer valve. At Bathrooms.com all of our collection mixers are completely Thermostatic, which means that they offer anti scald and water pressure balancing protection should your cold water supply fail. This makes them both practical and extremely safe to use. In addition all of our mixers feature cool touch technology which ensures that any exposed controls remain cool to the touch and suitable for family households. The single cast solid brass construction of our concealed valves is of the highest quality and important to ensuring reliability and assurance against cracks and failures which could lead to costly leaks.
If you would like to save time, we also offer a wide selection of great value combination sets, comprising of everything you need to get your showering space up and running.