Before you buy a new bathroom suite, it’s essential to measure your space so you know the products you’ve selected will fit and work well together. Follow these simple instructions on how to measure your bathroom. All you’ll need is a notepad, a pencil and a tape measure:
- Room length and width - measure the length of each wall in turn until you have a complete floor plan of your bathroom.
- Room height - measure the height of each wall from floor to ceiling. If you have a sloping ceiling, record the highest and lowest points.
- Position of the toilet - add the position of your existing toilet to your floor plan and note down the direction of the soil pipe (i.e. does it exit into the floor, straight out of the wall, behind the pan or to the side).
- Door - add the door to your floor plan and note down which way it opens. Measure the width of the door including the frame, and measure from the edge of the frame to the nearest wall.
5. Windows - if you have any windows in your bathroom, measure the width of the window and measure from the edge of it to the nearest wall. You should also measure from the bottom of the window sill to the floor.
6. Are there any major obstructions in your bathroom? Tell us about any boxed-in pipes, airing cupboards, boilers or any other fixed items that we will need to take into account when designing your dream bathroom.
7. If you’ve booked a virtual design appointment with us, take a photo of the floor plan you’ve just created and email it to your local Showroom Manager. It’s really helpful for us if you also have photos of your existing suite.
We’re looking forward to designing your perfect bathroom with you. Book an appointment with your local showroom and find out how we can make your dream bathroom a reality. During your no-obligation appointment, your friendly Showroom Manager will create 3D designs of your new bathroom so you can see how it will look in your space before you buy.