We are committed to being a good corporate citizen in all our dealings with customers, colleagues, suppliers and in the communities where we work.
To ensure a consistent approach throughout our supply chain, we expect our suppliers to have or adopt similar business principles to our own.
To achieve this we have created a document which details our minimum requirements in key areas, called our Supplier Commitments.
You can access a full copy here
Supporting guidance for all the Supplier Commitments can be found here. The supporting guidance documents expand on each of the individual commitments and provide more details on how we expect our suppliers to demonstrate compliance.
As a supplier, you commit to:
- Only supply timber products from legal and sustainable sources that don’t cause deforestation or degradation.
- Comply with all applicable environmental legislation in all areas of your operations and supply chain.
- Manage the extraction of any natural materials with care and consideration for local communities and the environment.
- Minimise the use of water and energy throughout your operations.
- Reduce costs by manufacturing your products using the lowest achievable amount of natural resources and by selecting packaging that has a minimal impact on the environment.
- Reduce waste by working towards making your products and packaging as recyclable as possible, and simple for our customers to recycle.
- Protect your workers from dangerous or harmful operations whilst they’re engaged in manufacturing your products.
- Make sure all workers involved in product manufacture and supply are treated fairly and with respect for their human rights.
- Meet, or work towards meeting, the principles of the Ethical Trade Initiative (ETI) Base Code
- Take positive steps to ensure that Modern Slavery has no place in your businesses or supply chain.
- Find new sources for any minerals contained in your products where these are identified as coming from recognised areas of conflict.
- Conduct your operations in line with all applicable competition laws.
- Prevent the use of, and not condone any corrupt activity, bribery or inducement with the aim of securing an improper or unfair business advantage.
- Operate an effective Quality Management System (QMS)
- Only supply products (including packaging) that are suitable for our supply chain and that are safe to handle and store
- Only supply products that are fit for purpose, safe to use and meet our quality requirements.
- Notify us immediately of any products you supply to us that contain any substances of very high concern (SVHCs), explosives precursors or poisons.
- Take steps to replace any products that contain restricted substances or SVHCs with suitable alternatives.
- Ensure continuing product compliance by arranging regular product inspection and testing by approved laboratories.
- Work with us on our risk-based programme for product surveillance testing
- Provide an Environmental Product Declaration (EPD) for any resource-intensive commodity materials and products you supply to us, such as cement, insulation, gypsum or timber.
Online Risk Assessment
All suppliers must submit an online risk assessment to demonstrate they meet the requirements set out in our Supplier Commitments. We use the results to generate a risk rating, and may require further evidence to ensure compliance or mitigate risk.