Not only a superb way of protecting your bathroom, but a shower enclosure can also make for a defining feature in this space. A superb way of complimenting that penultimate showering experience, the right shower enclosure will last for years, keep all users safe, and provide several beneficial additional features.
With showers a must-have for many of us in our bathrooms, here The Bathroom Showroom highlights the importance of adding that perfect shower enclosure to add some sought-after style.
Do I Need a Shower Enclosure?
A shower enclosure is necessary for ensuring the bathroom remains dry each time the shower is used. Working hard to keep the water from the shower in its designated tiled or panelled space, a shower enclosure will protect the rest of the walls, floors, and bathroom furniture dry and free from water damage. This promotes an attractive environment, and most importantly a more hygienic one.
Yet, also known or referred to as a shower cubicle, a shower enclosure can play a vital part in the design process. Adding a stunning finishing touch to bathroom aesthetic, a carefully chosen shower enclosure can greatly improve the overall look of this room.
What to Look for When Buying a Shower Enclosure
Before making your purchase, it's important to consider what shower enclosures are best for your bathroom space and the individual needs of those who will be using it regularly. The best quality shower enclosures are those that:
- Are space-effective and fit the designated area perfectly. Slotting into place with ease, the best shower enclosure will allow for good movement both inside and outside while ensuring the perfect fit in the room.
- Easy to access by everyone using it. With a selection of shower enclosure types to choose from, those with reduced mobility and those young users can still benefit from a great showering experience via a wide choice of doors.
- Increase the overall look of this room. A brand-new shower enclosure can greatly enhance the visual aspect of your bathroom space, creating a more modern, clean, and striking look. From frameless shower enclosures to luxury shower enclosures, your choice here can create a statement.
- Promote enhanced features such as toughened glass. This works to ensure a safer showering experience for all and is especially important in those homes with children.
- Are easier to clean and care for, with its inclusion of easy clean glass. This means less time spent on chores and an improved overall cleaner look after long-term use.
- Ensure long-term quality and durable properties. A shower enclosure should last for as much as 20 to 30 years when cared for and maintained correctly.
What Are the Types of Shower Enclosures?
Square and Rectangle Shower Enclosures
The most popular shower enclosure styles are square and rectangular choices. Famed for their ability to add symmetry to this space, these shower enclosure shapes are the most versatile.
Square shower enclosures are ideal in those smaller-sized bathrooms as they promote a more compact design. Rectangle shower enclosures are larger square variants that work better in those larger bathrooms and provide more room for movement.
Quadrant and Offset Quadrant Shower Enclosures
Quadrant shower enclosures, also referred to as quads, are a fantastic alternative to those square and rectangular shower enclosures. These enclosure types promote a stylish curve and are ideal when space is limited in the bathroom as they can fit into corners and tight spaces.
For those larger bathrooms with more space to work with, there is a variant on the quadrant. An offset quadrant shower enclosure benefits from the curved design of a quad, yet it’s larger, helping to maximise this space.
Sliding Door, Pivot Door, and Bifold Sliding Door Shower Enclosures
With several ways of opening a shower door, shower enclosures can help with ease of access, increased accessibility, and increasing or making the most of the available space.
Sliding door shower enclosures are available in single or double choices and simply slide open, not into the bathroom itself. Pivot door shower enclosures open out into the bathroom with ease while bifold sliding shower doors open inwards using up only the space available in the shower itself.
Where to Buy Shower Enclosures?
The Bathroom Showroom offers a spectacular selection of top-quality shower enclosures to suit all bathroom sizes.
Our sought-after collections include iflo, Crosswater, Novellini, Kudos, and Merlyn Forte. With a varied selection of sizes and styles and many more features and benefits, there’s a shower enclosure to suit every bathroom.
If you’re considering a new shower enclosure, book an appointment with The Bathroom Showroom. Experts in all things bathrooms, we can help turn your dream bathroom into a reality.