When choosing your bathroom lighting, being able to layer it offers you more scope for creativity in this room. With so many bathroom light fixtures this is one area where many feel spoiled for choice!
But, if you’re simply looking for a quick and easy way to layer your bathroom lighting then plinth lights could just be a perfect choice. A spectacular way to enhance your current lighting scheme, plinth lights light up a bathroom and give it that wow factor.
Here, The Bathroom Showroom offers a quick guide to plinth lights, showing how they can help build your lighting selection, while showcasing one of the most fabulous ranges available exclusively from our showroom.
What Is a Plinth Light?
Plinth lights are simply decorative light fixtures that are available as kits, strip lights, or individual lights. Designed to provide an effortless and understated lighting addition to a room, plinth lights fit into flat surfaces and will lie flush or offer a slightly projected finish as preferred. Ultimately, the result is a neat and spectacularly low-level illumination where it’s required the most.
What are the Advantages of Plinth Lights in the Bathroom?
Plinth lights are considered superb bathroom lighting additions by many due to their various benefits, including:
- They encourage a gentle and less harsh lighting solution and are therefore easier on the eye
- As a softer lighting choice, they lend a wonderful ambient feel to the bathroom
- Can be used as a decorative lighting choice and add depth to the room whether at high elevation or low profile
- Ideal as task lighting choices, plinth lights can illuminate mirrors, shaver lights, bath areas, around the basin, in the wall and ceiling, or even inside the shower unit
- Can add a level of mood lighting to specific areas of the bathroom
- Are energy-efficient light choices and help you save money on your energy bills as LED lights boast a longer lifespan and use little power
- IP65 rated and above, making them water-resistant fittings
- Available in a selection of colours, including warm, cool, and blue
- Some designs offer dimmable plinth lights
- Very easy to install
- Offer several light shape options
- Plinth lights are easy to maintain and keep clean
- Are a good practical and low-cost idea for night light choices allowing household members to use the bathroom safely during the night
Bathroom Plinth Lights From The Bathroom Showroom
At The Bathroom Showroom, we’re proud to offer a selection of plinth kits from the smart lighting solutions Pro Light collection.
Available as a five-light LED plinth kit, the Pro-Light range provides choices of warm white, cool light, and blue light LED options and are all 48lm and 0.6W. All IP68 rated, meaning you can use this in direct contact with water jets, these plinth kits are suitable for bathrooms and wet room installations.
Most commonly used as low-level bathroom plinths, the Pro-light range creates the most stunning of background effects. With the ability to simply plug and play, the wire design of these plinth kits also allows you to wire them directly into the mains to suit.
Better still, with the ability to connect multiple kits here, you even have the fabulous option of using up to a staggering 13 lights from just one power source!
Bathroom Lighting Ideas to Help You Make the Most of Your Dream Bathroom
Not only are plinth lights easier on the eye, but this gentle soft lighting addition can also add an instant different feel to the bathroom environment. Whether used to layer up your current bathroom lighting scheme or provide an additional ambient lighting source, plinth lights are certainly advantageous light fittings when you’re looking to keep energy bills low but still want to keep the lights on!
If you’re considering bathroom lighting, book an appointment with The Bathroom Showroom. Experts in all things bathrooms, we can help turn your dream bathroom into a reality.