For bathrooms needing to combine style and functionality, column units have the power to transform this space. Sleek and modern-designed column units not only provide ample storage for all your toiletries but also add a touch of elegance to any bathroom décor.
Yet, not just ideal for utilising space, bathroom column units can also help update a dull and outdated bathroom or create a haven for relaxation and luxury. Helping you eliminate cluttered countertops and promote a beautifully organised bathroom, there are plentiful column units to choose from to suit your individual style and needs.
Whether you have a small or a spacious bathroom, here The Bathroom Showroom explores column units that can maximise your storage space and create a visually pleasing design.
The Benefits of Using Column Units in the Bathroom
Column units offer several benefits that make them an ideal addition to any bathroom. Most importantly, they provide ample storage space for all your bathroom essentials. With multiple shelves and compartments, you can neatly organise your toiletries, towels, and other items with ease. This ultimately reduces clutter while creating a more streamlined and visually pleasing space.
Bathroom column units also add a touch of style and elegance to your bathroom. With their sleek and modern design, these units can instantly elevate the look and feel of any bathroom. Whether you prefer a minimalist aesthetic or a more detailed and decorative style, you’ll find column units available in many designs, materials, and finishes to suit your preferences.
Column units for the bathroom are also highly functional. Some units come with integrated basins, allowing you to combine your vanity and sink into one convenient piece of furniture. This not only saves space but also creates a cohesive and seamless look in your bathroom. Furthermore, most column units are often designed with features such as soft-close drawers, adjustable shelves, and built-in lighting, making them even more user-friendly and convenient.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Column Unit for Your Bathroom
The first step when choosing a column unit is to consider the size and layout of your bathroom. Measure the available space and take note of any obstructions, such as windows, doors, or plumbing fixtures. This helps determine the appropriate size and configuration of the column unit.
For smaller bathrooms, opt for a compact unit that maximises storage without overwhelming the space. If you have a larger bathroom, you can choose more substantial units with additional features such as extra storage compartments.
Next, consider the materials and finishes that best complement your bathroom décor. If you have a modern and minimalist bathroom, sleek and glossy white units, like those from the iflo Collection, or metal finishes can enhance the contemporary aesthetic. For a more traditional or rustic look, consider wood or textured finishes, like those in the Ideal Standard Range.
Equally important are the durability and maintenance requirements of different materials. Make sure to choose high-quality materials that can withstand the moisture and humidity of the bathroom environment.
Finally, consider the functionality of the column unit, assessing your storage needs and how the unit can best accommodate them. Look for adjustable shelves, soft-close drawers like those found in the Roca Collection, and other features that make organising and accessing your toiletries easier.
How to Use Column Units in Your Bathroom Design
- One of the most common ways to incorporate column units is by placing them next to or in between other bathroom fixtures. For example, you can place a tall storage column next to your vanity, providing additional storage for towels, toiletries, and other essentials.
- Alternatively, you can install a vanity unit with an integrated basin, pairing it with a matching tall storage column on the opposite side. This creates a symmetrical and visually pleasing look while maximising storage space.
- Another way to incorporate column units is by using them as a focal point in your bathroom. For instance, you can install a freestanding vanity unit with an integrated basin and place it in the centre of the room. Surround the unit with decorative tiles or wall panels to create a stunning feature wall. This not only adds visual interest but also draws attention to the column unit, making it the centre of attention.
- If you have a larger bathroom, consider creating a separate dressing area using column units. Install a vanity unit with a mirror and integrated lighting, and place it against a wall or in a corner. On the opposite side, install a tall storage column with open shelves or glass-fronted cabinets to showcase your accessories or display decorative items. This creates a dedicated space for getting ready and adds a touch of luxury to your bathroom.
- When incorporating column units into your bathroom design, it's important to consider the overall flow and functionality of the space. Ensure the units are easily accessible and don't obstruct movement within the bathroom. If space allows, leave enough room for comfortable movement and consider the placement of other fixtures such as toilets, showers, and baths.
Bathroom Column Units Instantly Improve a Bathroom Layout
By following our helpful advice, you can make the most of your column units and create a well-organised and functional bathroom space. This means a better bathroom experience for all users as you say goodbye to cluttered countertops and hello to a beautifully organised oasis!
If you’re considering installing column units, book an appointment with The Bathroom Showroom. Experts in all things bathrooms, we can help turn your dream bathroom into a reality.